Hello, all. Yes, I'm still here. Just because I haven't been writing on my blog doesn't mean I haven't been writing. In fact, I'm probably writing more than ever. I've been composing and mailing out letters to my congressmen and women, religious leaders, and presidential candidates. I've stepped up my involvement this political season, and am addressing a number of issues that are important to me with those who have the power to make a difference. I may go into details later about some of the issues I feel very strongly about, but for now, let's suffice it to say that I hope all of you get involved too! Learn about the candidates--all the candidates, not just the two or three that you hear about on the news. And look beyond the mainstream media. I've found a couple of good websites that I use as a jumping off point for my information. They are www.realclearpolitics.com and www.politico.com. Both are well-organized, non-partisan sites that contain blogs, links to articles from all the major and minor news outlets, poll results, and commentaries. I like reading about BOTH sides of the issue; it makes me more informed, more understanding of other views, and better able to intelligently point out the flaws in the other side's conclusions. I hope we all become better citizens this political year and GET INVOLVED!!
On another note, tonight we're off to my 10 year reunion in the small town I grew up in. We're eating in the cafeteria and then going over to the football game. It should be fun getting to see people I haven't seen in 13 years (since I moved during my sophomore year from there).
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment