Thursday, March 13, 2008

Princess Tomboy

Elyse never liked to get dirty. I mean, never. She wouldn't eat her first birthday cake because she couldn't stand to have the icing on her fingers. Whenever she would fall on the ground as a toddler, she didn't want to touch the ground in order to get herself up. She would just hold her hands and feet up and cry, looking somewhat like a helpless beached whale in great distress, waiting for us to come rescue her. Even today, she prides herself on her neat and tidy room, and asks for permission to go and clean it.

Then came Aidan. All I will say is that he is BOY through and through. Give him trucks, swords, dinosaurs, trains, and Star Wars, add a little mud and sweat, and for him that's 100% pure happiness.

So, when Aislinn came along, we expected more of the "eewwwww"s and "grrrroossssss"s that we were used to with our first beloved daughter. Well, so far it is not to be. You know that limerick that says girls are made of sugar 'n spice and everything nice and boys are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails? I would say Aislinn is a little bit spice and a little bit puppy dog tails. :)
We started out calling her "princess" but I think we'll have to change her nickname to "princess tomboy."

























































No comments:

Post a Comment