Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beautiful Dross

I've been putting off posting for so long, knowing that it had been so long, that I'd have way too much to say, way too much to catch up on...and my last post in April kept receding farther and farther into my rearview mirror that I hardly even remember what's happened since then. So, I just decided to post where we are, and my posts from here on out will likely be little tidbits instead of long diatribes. Or not. Who knows? I certainly don't, because I'm so desperately ruled by my feelings that tomorrow I may feel entirely differently, and post likewise.

With that said...

Our house is wonderful...(I've got pics on facebook if we're 'friends')...it is a lot of work, which many people seem to automatically assume must mean that we have buyer's remorse, which is not at all true! We are loving every inch of our new pad...cracks and all!!

The family's wonderful...we've had birthdays that only serve to remind me that children grow up too quickly. Ash (our baby!) is 3, and Elyse has just this week turned 8.

Josh is busy with new duties at school--bus driving and coaching and special ed and alternative ed and algebra and FCA and, and, and...yes, we do still see him in the evenings!

Homeschooling is wonderful...it gets more wonderful every year. I find out more about my children and myself, which I never would have had the opportunity to do had I sent them off to school for 8 hours everyday. Josh mentioned a while back that he wishes I could find something to do that interests me, and I told him that I really feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be at this point in my life, all tucked away from 'life.' And contrary to what I might express at times, or what I might "feel" at times (see above!), this has been such an awesome time--hard, gritty, self-reflecting, humbling, and beautiful. Homeschooling has truly been a sanctifying experience. And thinking about it, I only have 20 more years of homeschooling left (counting just the children we have now!)...only 20 more years for God to use this time of training and educating my children to continue to purify my heart and draw the dross out of my flesh. (I feel like in 20 years we'd only be getting started!!) Well, maybe two decades from now, my feelings will not have the better of me, and I will faithfully blog long diatribes again. Check back with me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment