Monday, July 30, 2007

Thrift Store Finds

I know, I know, but I couldn't resist. My mom told me that the thrift store in her town has books, so we just had to go. And wouldn't you know that the day's special offer was that paperback books were only five cents! So I got all of these books for only $2.90!



I love finds like that! If you can't see in the picture, the authors include Shakespeare, Verne, Steinbeck, Dickinson, Twain, Dryden, Faulkner and Crane.

And to top it off, my father-in-law will be bringing our two new bookshelves that he and my husband made earlier this summer so all the books we have stacked in boxes in the corner of our dining/school room will have a new home! We hope to get our school room fixed up this week, as well as our schedule finalized.
Elyse is really coming along on her reading; she's reading four letter words now. And she's figuring out the concept of subtraction. I'm really pleased with how well she's doing even though we've taken off so many days this summer for all of our traveling. We'll start in earnest in two weeks when dad reports to school for the first day on August 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment